Thursday, March 27, 2008

Forgiving the Unforgiven

It was told to me by a friend recently,  the key to long life is:  

"Forgive everything, everybody, for it all, every night."

Since hearing this, I am beginning to put this idea into practice, in hopes it will become routine.  There are a plethora of actions and behaviors which fall into the category of 'forgiveness' - so I do not take it lightly.  I try to determine each night, what I personally would forgive someone for.  

Some rely on forgiveness as much as they rely on air.  Some believe their actions and behaviors don't qualify for forgiveness at all.  Forgiveness should not be handed out like parking tickets in Los Angeles, nor should it be denied or doubted.

Observing the power of life and love, forgiveness is a key to longevity.  If one cannot forgive someone of their actions, there ceases to be growth and development.  If it is over abundant, it looses its purpose and meaning.  

It had been a long time since I agreed to forgive someone.  I did recently (for reasons I never thought I could personally do), along with myself, and it presented a feeling of release.  

I am capable of so much and then, so little.  But by forgiving, it helps me close the margins on a 'little' - and provides the capacity to grow a little more.








No comments: