Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HyperReceptivity

I am sorry to admit, but I am confused...

With civilization, with culture, with love, with myself.  At this moment, I couldn't even tell you what day of the week it no longer is, if it is morning or night I wish for more, or if I am falling in love or despising the very thought of it.  I can't help listening to new material by Death Cab for Cutie - fixing my life upon their lyrical track work.  My heart is tender, yet at the same time it is poisoned by my mind...

I am lost, and I am alright.  

Staring at the hearts and minds of many, I cannot help but poke fun at the pink elephant facing us all.  Not a single person really knows what the fuck is going on.  Call it a transitional time period of civilization or culture (or are they the same at this day in age?).  Blame it on my age.  Just to get a glimpse of what my grandparents saw at my age is all I desire.  

I want to be BIG - to find Zultar.  Standing in line for the ferris wheel but still to short to ride.   Music provides the commentary of my inner ego - screaming to escape from the air-conditioned glass boxes.  It comforts my vanity and yet it wants to make me puke at the same time.  

Yet how hypocritical of me to comment on all of this by posting a blog nobody will ever read?  How maddening it is to want and seek change but not knowing where to begin.  Paralyzed by being a human.

So distract yourself as best you can.  Bury your emotions with the click of a wheel.  Post another comment so we can all agree we are really getting dumber.  Cross the line without even blinking.  Let's all purchase our first-class tickets to the end of the world.

I am this age only once, and loving every waking and closing minute of it.
 

1 comment:

Andrew said...

My eyes are dry and itchy. I drank too much coffee today. "Twixster," eh? I guess that's sort of what I am now. It was difficult to pry myself off my ass and get out to the cafe. The coffees helped get me going then. I'm not addicted as much as dependent on the jolt of caffeine.

Persevere through the uneventful doldrums, things will take on definition, maybe a small percentage of happenings will begin to make sense.

~scrmplt